Saturday, August 7, 2010

My Dealer

Yesterday, I headed to the other side of town...to see my dealer.


I'm a junkie for the Midcentury Man.


I got hooked on a slipper chair by Robsjohn Gibbings for Widdicomb. I almost kept it but I gave it up for RJ's master bedroom. I'm so giving.


The finish needs a little spiffing up and it is going to need some new clothes. Larsen's butterscotch velvet for the chair and a little silk ikat bolster by Dedar will do just fine. Just like how we are dressing his bed. Matchy-matchy...but in a really good old school kinda way.


It's the perfect slipper chair to keep his new bed company. Bed by Thom Filicia. En route.


Never one to deny myself, I loaded up six vintage dining chairs by Baker Furniture for my own house.


They are from the same Far East collection by Michael Taylor as my dining table. The backs of the chairs are kinda low...but I'm okay with that. MT was.


Out with the six Louis XVI chairs. Any takers?


The Baker boys will get the same blue Kravet velvet that I just put on these vintage Klismos chairs that anchor the ends.


A couple of yards of the same Samuel & Sons flat braid and spaced nailheads around the seat, too.


Sweet Jesus. Comfy dinner for eight. Soon.

7 comments:

  1. great finds! can't wait to see the velvet chair lusciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You scored!! I am excited to see the final results!! Great job Jen.

    Come on over and enter my Grand Giveaway!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blue velvet is BEYOND gorge.

    xoxo

    Rebecca June

    ReplyDelete
  4. gasp! ok must get those klismos. and know you go and find those matching M. taylor chairs for that table. i am soooooo jealous. just need end chairs to finish mine off but having the most impossible time finding the right ones. at least the right ones at the right price.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beyond the risk of being impaled whilst sleeping by the falling buck's head, don't the horns above the bed symbolize cuckoldry? Not sure many folks would want to invite that into the bedroom, but lI suppose we are in the swinging 2k10's, so perhaps it's time for me to broaden my horizons.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you really think.