Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hwang Bishop

I saw some really pretty lamps at Shears and Window at the design center in San Francisco. They were made by Hwang Bishop. When I got home I looked them up. Wow. They have some gorgeous styles online. I am the first to admit that Christopher Spitzmiller rules the hand thrown ceramic lamp world. These can compete, though. Loved some of them.

I just got a new job in Dallas. Modern townhouse. I want these Incense Lamps in there...with ivory leather studded dining chairs and a custom tufted banquette in platinum silk velvet...and pillows made out of something pale green from Pollack or Donghia.
Who doesn't love a little Chinese fretwork action? In a Prussian blue lacquered dining room? With some pretty Prussians?

The Mandarine Hobnail? Earthy Aspen cabin? Bear rug and lucite waterfall table? Strip poker and fondue?
The Lachlan Dots? Summer house in the Hamptons? White Brazilian cowhide rug? Limed oak dining table and chairs? Swedish pool boy?

2 comments:

  1. please tell me at some part of your life, that you were a comedian or had some sort of desire to make one laugh. I love your humor.
    You can humor me with lights any time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be my ghost writer. You are much more clever.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you really think.