Thursday, October 8, 2009

Screwy Louis

I bought a pair of crusty vintage Baker Louis XVI chairs...


I waffled on the fabric...


I really wanted something neutral and geometric that contrasted with the sexy curves of the chair...as some of you may remember...


Focus. Jen. Focus.


Okay...so I finally committed to a Sea Cloth fabric.


...good choice...I had the gilding touched up a bit but not too much. I like crusty, people.



Carvers Guild Mirror. Julian Chichester console. 12 vintage Chinese rice paintings and a cloisonné vase. A recipe for gorgyness.


Now...I just need a hanger...

5 comments:

  1. nice- now I want to see some fabulous paint on that wall..in a luxe color. Something smoky...
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lacquered prussian blue??? Ballet pink? Wallpaper or grasscloth would be great, too, but the walls have too much texture. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful. Mauve or pink wallpaper with a subtle pattern and sheen perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  4. these looks great, I love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you really think.